Monday, June 25, 2018

Laugh-Out-Loud Funny! 'How to Be a Perfect Christian' - by The Babylon Bee



About the book:

With a biting, satirical style reminiscent of The OnionHow to Be a Perfect Christian takes a humorous look at the quirks of cultural Christianity while subtly challenging the reader to search for more than a cultural faith.

Written in the trademark style of The Babylon Bee, this book humorously satirizes cultural Christianity while peppering in subtle challenges to the reader. Through humor and sarcasm (and a handy meter to rank your "holiness" as you progress through the book), readers will be called to find a more biblical understanding of the Christian faith, all while poking fun at the quirks of the modern, American Christian community.

My review:

This book was very funny, especially if you like sarcasm!  Some parts made me laugh out loud and others made me question if I do that, even just a little bit.  There were some convicting moments and I could see some Christians being very convicted by this book.  Nothing is sacred, not the church service, music, spiritual gifts, how we act on social media or what's considered acceptable entertainment.  It is interesting to take a step back and really look at the Christian subculture and why we do some of the things we do.  It made me a little sad to think there are probably a lot of people out there trying their hardest to be perfect hoping that will get them into heaven.  It's hard not to fall into that trap.  I liked that this book pointed out that grace would be an awesome alternative and explained the gospel.  I definitely recommend this book if you like humor.

I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, and have not been compensated for this. This is my honest opinion.

About The Babylon Bee

The Babylon Bee is the most popular Christian satire website, with more than 300,000 Facebook fans, and over 70,000 visitors to the website daily. They are a trusted voice in humor across a wide range of modern Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment