Sunday, December 30, 2018

Fate of the Watchman - by Chad Pettit

Fate of the Watchman by [Pettit, Chad]

About the book:

Lester Sharp is a workaholic, obsessed with the success of his business and oblivious to the world around him.

All of that changes when a peculiar stranger comes into his shop asking for food and help. Lester soon finds himself on an impossible journey around the world to bear witness to some of the greatest tragedies a person can know, all frozen in a single moment of time.

In this challenging and gripping novel, debut author Chad Pettit, delivers a supernatural, pulse-pounding adventure in which Lester Sharp is in for the longest second of his life and learns lessons to last a lifetime.

My review:

This was definitely an interesting story.  It got a little graphic and gory as Lester sees some horrible things and his eyes are opened to what other people go through.  It did really make me think more about what other people are going through, from people being victims of violence or sex trafficking to Christians being persecuted and tortured for their faith around the world.  I feel like I do think about those things fairly often and feel frustrated like Lester, wondering what can I do to make a difference?  One thing I need to remember is prayer can make a difference but also that I need to keep my eyes open where I am and even go to where the people are who need help.  The story ended on a cliffhanger, which frustrated me.  I wanted more closure and answers!  I would say if you like unique stories and don't mind some graphic realism, you might want to check it out!

I received this story from JustRead Tours.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment