Monday, June 10, 2019

A Delight! 'It's a Love Story' - by Lincee Ray


Cover Art

About the book:

We all love to be loved. And we love to fall in love. As children, we pour our love into our pets and our friends. As teenagers, we fall in love with musicians and actors and the boy whose locker is next to ours. As we mature, we long for romantic love that will last a lifetime. Sacrificial love, unexplainable love, familial love, desperate love. Love songs and love stories. Clearly, we were created with the longing for love ingrained in our souls.

With lots of wit and a bit of wisdom drawn from a lifetime of falling in love, Lincee Ray invites you to an unabashed celebration of that loving feeling. As she reveals the loves of her life and encourages you to recall your own, you'll discover alongside her that there is only One who can ever truly fulfill the deepest longings of our hearts. And He made us to be part of a divine love story.

My review:

This book was so fun!  I loved going along with her as she traveled down memory lane, remembering crushes and favorite songs and incredibly embarrassing moments!  Her chapter on some of her favorite romantic comedies was wonderful and I totally agree that Hollywood needs to step it up and make some good romantic comedies again!  I'm also obsessed with Hallmark Christmas movies and really Hallmark movies in general so her ideas for possible Christmas movies were hilarious but I think also doable.  I loved the breakup stories; there are truly some awful, rude, weird people out there.  Her stories about serving in Africa and Cuba were inspiring and I could relate to her visit to the Holy Land as I visited there a couple years ago and it was truly incredible!  Most of all, I liked her reminder that we were made for love, specifically God's love, and we'll only be fulfilled in Him.  I highly recommend this book if you like hilarity and books about some of your favorite things!

I received this book from Revell.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

           The Author

  1. Lincee Ray
    Lacey Taylor

    Lincee Ray

    Lincee Ray is the author of Why I Hate Green Beans and an accidental blogging superstar who now writes for Entertainment Weekly online and the Associated Press. An active speaker and pop culture podcaster, she can be found at her popular website...
    Continue reading about Lincee Ray 


No comments:

Post a Comment