Monday, February 4, 2013

Courting Cate by Leslie Gould

Cover Art This is a great story! Based on the Taming of the Shrew, this story is set in modern-day Paradise, Pennsylvania. Cate plays the shrewish older sister who has scared off anyone who's been interested with her prickly personality, while her sweet sister Betsy attracts men for miles around.  When their father makes a rule that Cate must marry before Betsy, neither sister thinks that is likely to happen.  However, when Pete, a new man in town seems interested, can Cate trust him with her heart or is there a different reason for his pursuit?

This was a well-written retelling of the classic story.  I really enjoyed getting to know Cate and the reasons for why she acts the way she does.  I loved that she is a book addict!  She does a lot of learning and growing in this story and I loved being on the journey with her.  The interactions between her and Pete are amusing.  I did wish there was a bit more romance between them.  We're introduced to characters in the next book, which will be a retelling of Romeo and Juliet, due out in May 2013.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Veronica! I wanted to let you know that I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award. You can visit my blog at http://jenniferthompsonbooks.blogspot.com if you'd like to participate and find out more. :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete