Saturday, December 1, 2018

Excellent! 'I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life' - by Anne Bogel

Cover Art

About the book:

Reading isn't just a way to pass the time--it's a lifestyle. Books shape, define, and enchant us. They are part of who we are and we can't imagine life without them. In this collection of charming and relatable reflections, beloved blogger and author Anne Bogel leads you to remember the book that first hooked you, the place where you first fell in love with reading, and all the books and moments afterward that helped make you the reader you are today.

My review:

I absolutely loved this book!  There were so many moments in this book that I nodded and exclaimed, "That's me!"  For instance, I've had certain books that seem to find me just when I need them and I could totally relate to her obsession with 'You've Got Mail,' my favorite movie of all time!  I could relate to being so engrossed in a book that I couldn't stop reading (my most extreme circumstance was staying up until 5 in the morning when I had to work the next day!)  I, however, really wish I had a book twin and I think I'd been searching for one and not even realized it.  To have someone with your exact taste would be amazing!  There are so many books she mentioned that I've wanted to read but haven't yet or some I've never even heard of that are going on my to-be-read list!  As for the ones I'd read, it was fun to see what she thought of them or how they impacted her and to remember how I felt about them, too.  It felt like we were sitting in a cozy library somewhere surrounded by books and discussing our favorite reads.  I'd highly recommend this book for anyone who loves books and it would make a great gift for the book lover in your life!


I received this book from Baker Books.  I was not compensated for this review; all opinions are my own.

           The Author

  1. Anne Bogel

    Anne Bogel

    Anne Bogel is the creator of the popular blog Modern Mrs Darcy and the podcast What Should I Read Next? Her popular book lists and reading guides have established Bogel as a tastemaker among readers, authors, and publishers. The author of...
    Continue reading about Anne Bogel 

No comments:

Post a Comment