Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Horse of My Dreams - Edited by Callie Smith Grant

43984595

About the book:

Truly the horse is one of the finest creatures on earth. In it we find embodied all of our own hopes and dreams. Our longing to live noble lives. Our need for companionship. Our desire to do good and helpful work. Our yearning to feel truly free.

With contributions from both well-known and up-and-coming writers, this heartwarming collection of true stories is the perfect way for you to decompress from the day's stresses and remember God's good gift to us in the majestic, calming, inspiring, and even silly horses he created. Here you'll meet a stubborn Shetland pony who teaches her girl the importance of hanging on. You'll see how a young woman learned to trust again after a serious riding accident. You'll fall in love with a stray donkey who finds a home--and a friend. And so much more.

So make yourself a cup of tea, open up this book, and claim a few refreshing moments on a busy day for yourself . . . and the horse of your dreams.

My review:

This collection of true stories made me smile, cry and think about my own fond memories of horses when I went riding on vacation or at my friend's house or even remembering wonderful books I'd read about horses.  Different authors share their stories of how a horse helped them through a tough time, befriended them when they were down or connected them to people they would be friends with for years.  Many learned the power of perseverance while saving for a horse or training one they bought.  Some passed on their love of horses to a sibling or child while others saw a parent pass it on to them.  There were all different ages portrayed here.  Some interesting side bars talked about the history of sidesaddles or why we measure horses in hands.  There were even a couple about Civil War generals and their attachment to their horses.  There's a few references to God and prayer.  I would recommend this book if you love horses!

I received this book from Revell.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment