Thursday, February 23, 2023

Cute and Funny! 'Meet Hate' - by Abi Sabina

 


About the book:

If there’s one thing I’m sure of, it's that I’ll do anything to prevent some suit from walking onto my family farm and buying it from us.

Hayes may think he can show up at our home, fling a contract in my face, and I’ll drop to my knees and thank him for saving the day, but he’s got it all wrong.

Even if it means Hayes has to spend more time on the farm, sleeping in the bedroom next to me, and almost getting a limb cut off.

When I learn that Hayes needs his job to care for his nephew, I see a different side to the grumpy businessman and understand his motives. He may be the enemy, but soon I can’t deny the chemistry that sizzles between us.

But his boss gives him an ultimatum to finalize the sale or get fired, and I make the greatest sacrifice of my life and sign the contract so he can raise his nephew right. Even if it means losing the man I love.

My review:

This was an enjoyable read, especially for the banter and funny t-shirts!  I really enjoyed spending some time on the farm and avoiding the cold weather back home.  Ellie was a great quirky character who kept saying cliches wrong, wearing funny t-shirts related to the farm and always spoke her mind, even when she didn't mean to!  I did end up liking Hayes once we got to know him but he was so uptight at first.  It was funny to see him try to help around the farm but not know what he was doing.  The banter was pretty amusing and I liked the punny jokes.  This was a clean read so some intense kisses but nothing more and no swearing.  I'd recommend it if you like romances with some humor.

I received an ebook of this free from JustRead Tours.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment