Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wonderful! 'Deadly Deceit' - Harbored Secrets 2 - by Natalie Walters

43838201

About the book:

Independent and tenacious journalist Vivian DeMarco is back in Walton, Georgia, for one reason -- to do her job and get out. When her boss suddenly dies under suspicious circumstances, Vivian's only hope for finding the truth -- and the next big story -- is small-town law enforcement's lanky poster boy, Deputy Ryan Frost. But the deeper they dig, the more twisted the truth becomes. False leads, incriminating emails, and someone called the Watcher force Vivian to fight for answers -- and her life.

My review:

This was a wonderful story, suspenseful and with such a cute romance!  I liked how this book had more emphasis on the relationship aspect than a lot of other suspense stories do.  It was fun to see how Vivian and Ryan interacted and I loved all of the references to superheroes!  They had some amusing banter and so did him and his sister.  There were cute little nerdy things Ryan did that just made him so endearing.  He wasn't perfect as he did do something stupid but he tried to fix it right away.  He also had a strong faith but I did think it was odd that they didn't discuss it much other than he knew she was uncomfortable when he wanted to pray for their meal.  We see her struggle with her faith and turn to God more throughout the story but he doesn't see it and they don't talk about where she's at or think maybe they shouldn't rush their relationship so I was a little disappointed with that. There's talk of faith and forgiveness and some good conversations about God.  There were some good suspenseful moments.  This book works as a standalone as I hadn't read the first book yet and didn't feel lost but there were characters from the first book in this one.  I can't wait to read the first one or for the last one to come out!  I highly recommend this book!

I received this book from Revell.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment