Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Cute Story! 'Love Me Darling' - Love Me #4 - by Laura Burton

48644695. sy475

About the book:

A short Christmas romance to warm your heart this winter.

Lottie: I hate Christmas.

The LED lights give me a headache.

I can't sing. And I get sick. Every. Single. Year.

This year is the worst. My Nan is practically on her deathbed and has planned for the biggest Christmas party this world has ever seen. Everyone will be there. Lucas Green is invited. My childhood crush. The guy I've been stuck in the friend zone for years. This is my last chance to get him to notice me. But how do I stop looking like an idiot with all the Christmas cheese at every turn?

Lucas: It's the best time of year.

Business is booming.

Ada's about to give birth any day now.

The town is full of cheer. And Lottie is coming home for the holidays.

This is it. The year I finally make a move. Otherwise, I think Ada will kill me. Problem is, every time I see her, my legs turn to jelly and I act like a total idiot. I need to woo her with lots of Christmas surprises. I mean, who doesn't love Christmas? Nothing can go wrong.

An adorable Christmas story including all of the couples from the 'Love Me' series. Laughter, tear-jerking moments and swoon-worthy romance all wrapped up in Christmas gift wrap. 


My review:

This was a really cute story perfect for Christmas!  I loved Lottie and Lucas.  She was introverted, quirky and fun while he was a sweet guy who put his family first and worked hard.  I loved the banter and funny one-liners!  He did do something really stupid that I couldn't believe but did apologize later.  It was cute to watch Lucas try to tell Lottie how he felt while Lottie felt like it couldn't be real.  The romance was really sweet and this was a clean story.  There was one point where living together was mentioned. There's no mention of faith.  I liked the British setting and there were a few crazy situations happening.  I did feel a little lost about who the couples were as I've never read the first three stories in the series.  Meeting them intrigued me, though, and I'd like to read about them, too.  I would recommend this story if you're looking for a cute Christmas romance!

I received this ebook from StoryOrigin.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment