Thursday, January 23, 2020

Who Wants to Date a Billionaire? - by Laura Burton

47858062. sy475

About the book:

Two people with hidden agendas. One fake marriage. Zero time left and everything to lose. 

Emily Stewart is a daring business owner in New York. Keeping up with appearances has hit her finances hard and a promising phone call turns into a troubling dilemma. If she has any hope of saving her match-making business, she needs to find a husband.
Enter Billionaire David Marks, an architect with a problem of his own. He lied to his family and now needs to find "the one" before Grandmother Marks' big party.
Emily knows an opportunity when she sees one and offers a deal to solve their problems.
But when the line between reality and make-believe starts to blur, Emily has to find out just how far she's willing to go to reach her goal.
And David will have to make a choice that could lose him everything. 


The Devil Wears Prada meets Hitch in this light romantic comedy.
No on page sex, swearing or violence. HEA. No animals are harmed in this book.


My review:

Well, I guess I didn't read the description closely enough.  I also thought this book would be cleaner than it was.  It wasn't detailed but making out while being handsy isn't something I consider clean.  I didn't like that they were both lying to each other.  It was hard for me to like Emily as she seemed to only care about herself and especially treated her assistant badly.  She seemed to change some near the end but it went on too long.  She was also a workaholic.  David seemed like a sweet guy who never even had a girlfriend and cared a lot about his grandmother, father and the family business.  I wished for someone better for him than Emily and couldn't figure out what he saw in her, other than her looks.  There was a bit of a twist at the end to the plan that was surprising.  I listened to the audiobook at 2x the speed as it otherwise seemed too slow.  I didn't find enough to like about this story so I can't recommend it.

I received the Audible audio from StoryOrigin.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment