Saturday, January 18, 2020

Who Wants to Love a Billionaire? - Billionaires in New York 1 - by Laura Burton

48584067. sy475

About the book:

Julie does not love being the center of attention.
She makes dresses for those who do.
But when Emily, her matchmaking friend begs for a favor,
Julie can't say no.
It was supposed to be just one date.
She never expected to kiss the guy.
Then fall head over heels for him.


When threats start rolling in it becomes clear,
Someone will do whatever it takes to break them apart.
Now she’s in too deep and walking away isn’t an option.


But with the paparazzi and drama involved, Julie can not help but wonder,
Who wants to love a Billionaire?


Hollywood producer Harry Jackson is not an alpha male. 
He’s goofy, sensitive and will move mountains to make everyone happy.
In fact, he requires a whole team of people to keep him from being robbed blind.
Sometimes he even needs saving from his love of bad puns.


But when an enemy threatens to jeopardize his chance at love,
it’s time to step up and fight.
He’s terrified.

But the thought of losing Julie scares him more.

My review:

This story had some amusing moments; Harry said some funny and awkward things sometimes.  That was probably my favorite part of the book.  Otherwise, it seemed pretty corny how Harry and Julie talked or viewed each other.  Which, I know it's a love story and I do like some cheese but this felt a little over the top.  I also didn't like that they seemed to jump right into the physical, making out in the car with their hands all over each other.  It didn't get more detailed than that but I don't consider this a clean read.  Laura Burton's author bio said she writes in keeping with Christian values but I would disagree about this book.  They also "fall in love" extremely fast, way too fast.  There's some action scenes and suspense as Harry's being threatened.  I liked that Julie knew some self-defense but Harry needed to stand up for himself more.  I had to listen to this audio at 1 1/2 speeds as 1 was way too slow.  Overall, I can't recommend this book as there just wasn't enough to redeem it for me.

I received this Audible audio from StoryOrigin.  I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment