Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman

A Passion Most Pure  This is an amazing book! I loved the romance and redemption in this story and I fell in love with the O'Connors.

The O'Connors are a big Irish Catholic family living in Boston in 1916. The first book focuses on Faith, a girl perpetually in the shadow of her younger sister Charity because of her beauty and who's secretly had a crush on Collin McGuire for years.  Collin's nothing but trouble and forbidden by her father.  Faith and Charity are opposites; where Faith tries to do what's right and please God, Charity thinks mainly of herself and what she wants. When Faith finds out Collin is secretly dating her sister, she accidentally sets things in motion that will change their lives forever. Who will Collin choose? What will happen when America enters World War I?

Faith is a great character! I could really identify with her, but Charity made me so angry! There's a lot of drama involving them and I don't think I've ever seen so many fights!  Each of the characters felt so real and had flaws aplenty.  I like that we see the tough choices Faith has to make and her struggles with temptation and choosing God's will or her own.  I loved Faith's parents, Marcy and Patrick.  They have an amazing love story and Julie just released it as an e-book called "A Light in the Window." I'm reading the next book in the series now and will post a review of it in the next day or two.  I can't wait to read about all of the O'Connors!

No comments:

Post a Comment